Home > C++, Games, Garry's Mod, Lua, Steam > gm_mount2 – Use any source-engine content in GMod

gm_mount2 – Use any source-engine content in GMod

February 19th, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

Description
This addon allows you mounting any source-engine games in Garry’s Mod including default VALVE games, Steamworks content like D.I.P.R.I.P, Left 4 Dead and every installed SourceMod.

Prerequisites
You need to have MSVC 2010 Redistributable x86 installed, or it will not work.

Download

The full version includes spawnicons for some models (several MB). The light version doesn’t, so it is much smaller. But you have to generate the icons yourself.

SVN-Repository

Url: http://svn.daggeringcats.com/mount2
User: anon
Password: anon

Annotations for Left 4 Dead 1/2:
Left 4 Dead maps are not compatible with Garry’s Mod. Don’t try loading them – This will only cause GMod to crash.

Why another mounting addon?
You may know the orginal mounting addon and it’s extension for sourcemods. They work well but I wasn’t really satisfied with the way they work and I disliked their messy sourcecode so I wrote up my own from scratch.
My addon directly integrates into GMod and works on dedicated servers which is not possible without many modifications of the old gm_mount addon.
It also can mount Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 which is the main purpose of this addon, which took me over 3 weeks, around 2000 lines of C++ code and much coffee to figure that out.

1. Megaswae128
    March 10th, 2011 at 16:55 | #1

@Shepp
    Mirror’s Edge is not source, so that game wont work in Garry’s Mod

2. Megasware128
    April 5th, 2011 at 19:14 | #2
  3. April 5th, 2011 at 23:05 | #3

@Megasware128
    Yes, I know about garry’s plans and I’m in contact with him. I may have helped him already and I told him to exclude gm_mount2 from loading once the next update is out (otherwise you crash GMod).

It is a good thing he is adding it to GMod directly. Nevertheless, I won’t stop coding on the next gm_mount2 version which uses it’s own way of mounting addons in hopefully a much much faster way than the source-engine does by default (Faster game startups, map loading etc). First results are promising, but I have to do some benchmarking first.

4. April 14th, 2011 at 17:25 | #4

hi can you fix the l4d2 shaders like the blue and yellow bodies can you fix them and find the l4d2 infected shaders please i want them fixed they look alot more better fixed then being blue and yellow bodies can you please fix them please

5. April 16th, 2011 at 11:30 | #5

@MGenStudios
    Sorry, I cant.

6. May 1st, 2011 at 21:52 | #6

can you make gm_mount3 and put the infected shader files in the l4d2 folder to fix the blue and yellow bodies

7. Megasware128
    May 3rd, 2011 at 08:33 | #7

@MGenStudios
    lol, thats the same

8. AlexZebol
    May 9th, 2011 at 13:06 | #8

I cant download it! =(

9. Poom
    May 20th, 2011 at 09:09 | #9

404 – Object not found!
    Do you have any?

10. May 28th, 2011 at 17:33 | #10

Download is disabled, because this version of gm_mount2 is incompatible with GMod at the moment.

11. June 4th, 2011 at 21:22 | #11

hey can you make a new one and put the infected shader in the new one

12. June 4th, 2011 at 21:22 | #12

can someone please make the l4d2 clown model please and fix the textures

13. SkyNinja
    June 23rd, 2011 at 21:30 | #13

MGenStudios, why the hell do you keep asking the same question over and over again even though it’s been answered?

Anyway, any idea when this’ll be working again? Because this was the most useful addon I’ve ever seen.

14. March 20th, 2012 at 23:08 | #14

I view something truly interesting about your website so I saved to my bookmarks .

15. cvpi
    December 23rd, 2012 at 23:35 | #15

link is broken…

Comment pages
1 2 3 610
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Click to Insert Smiley

SmileBig SmileGrinLaughLOLFrownBig FrownWinkKissRazzAngelAngryReally AngryConfusedNeutralThinkingChicCoolNerdSillyDrunken RazzMad RazzEvil GrinMeanPissed OffReally PissedCurseShoutGrit TeethCryWeepSide FrownWiltSmugDisdainRoll EyesSarcasmLoserTalk to the HandShyBeat UpPainShameBeautyBlushCuteLashesKissingKiss BlowKissedHeh!SmirkSnickerGiggleIn LoveDroolEek!ShockSickSuspenseTrembleDazedHypnotizedFoot in MouthMoney MouthQuietShut MouthDOH!IDKQuestionLyingStruggleSweatStopByeGo AwayWavingTime OutCall MeOn the PhoneMeetingSecretHandshakeHigh FiveHug LeftHug RightClapDanceJumpFingers CrossedVictoryYawnSleepyPrayWorshipWaitingAlienClownCowboyCyclopsDevilDoctorFemale FighterMale FighterMohawkMusicPartyPirateSkywalkerSnowmanSoldierGhostSkeletonEatStarvingVampireZombie KillerBunnyCatCat 2ChickChickenChicken 2CowCow 2DogDog 2DuckGoatHippoKoalaLionMonkeyMonkey 2MousePandaPigPig 2SheepSheep 2ReindeerSnailTigerTurtleFemaleMaleHeartBroken HeartRoseDead RosePeaceYin YangUS FlagMoonStarSunCloudyRainThunderUmbrellaRainbowMusic NoteYesNoAirplaneCarIslandAnnouncebrbBeerDrinkLiquorCakeCoffeePizzaWatermelonBowlPlateCanMailCellPhoneCameraFilmTVClockLampSearchCoinsComputerConsolePresentSoccerCloverPumpkinBombHammerKnifeHandcuffsPillPoopCigarette